5pcs HARVEST GOURMET® Schnitzel
1lt Corn oil, for deep-frying
1kg Japanese rice
280ml Sushi vinegar
10pcs Nori sheets
20pcs Coral lettuce
10 x Japanese cucumbers, batonnet
5 x Avocados, peeled and sliced
200ml Tonkatsu Sauce
- In a frying pan, deep-fry the HARVEST GOURMET® Schnitzel in corn oil till golden brown, set aside.
- To cook Sushi Rice, wash the rice 3 times, drain the washing water thoroughly each time. Add 1.1 litres of water to the washed rice and steam for 1 hour.
- Transfer rice to a bowl and drizzle in the sushi vinegar while it is hot. Fold the vinegar into the rice thoroughly with a rice paddle using a “slicing motion”. Store the sushi rice at room temperature. Cover with a damp towel and set aside.
- Cut HARVEST GOURMET® Schnitzel lengthwise into half.
- Assemble the maki by first placing a sheet of nori with the shiny shade facing down on a bamboo rolling mat. Moisten your hands with water and spread a portion of the cooled sushi rice evenly over the nori, leaving 1cm space at the top. Place vegetables and place half a piece of fried HARVEST GOURMET® Schnitzel on the rice. Drizzle tonkatsu sauce.
- To roll the maki, fold the mat over the ingredients and tuck in a part of the nori. Keep rolling, lifting the mat as you go along, applying gentle and even pressure. Sprinkle some water on a very sharp knife and cut the maki into even bite-sized pieces. Ready to serve.